Infrared Sauna & Plunge Tub
Our outdoor infrared sauna “with contemporary design and ground-breaking innovation is unlike any other. Clearlight Sanctuary Saunas are the only true Full Spectrum infrared saunas available offering advanced near, mid and far infrared technologies.”
Our outdoor plunge tub is 100% cedar and stainless steel, ready for you to plunge in the ice cold water, set between 6-10 degrees celsius.
During a training session, your muscles burn fuel and that creates a build-up of toxic waste products and lactic acids. Your body naturally eliminates these waste products naturally over a few days, but immersion in very cold water can do the same in a much shorter time. The sudden cold sets off a reaction in the limbic area in the base of your brain which is programmed to respond to such dramatic external events, in this instance it senses that you might be freezing and immediately begins an automatic process to restore your bodies core temperature to safe levels. It does this mostly by withdrawing most of the blood from your skin and outer soft tissue and muscles in to the core of your body. The blood must pass through your liver, kidneys and other organs that each do their job of removing these dangerous toxins and waste products. This quickly eliminates most of the soreness and help torn muscles to rebuild much faster with fresh oxygenated blood flow and you are ready for your next athletic session much more quickly. Of course you are actually quite safe, but the effect on your body of quickly and completely flushing the waste products from your blood is extremely beneficial.
The benefits of sitting in our infrared sauna and plunging in the ice cold tub include:
- Athletic recovery
- Detox of chemicals and heavy metals
- Increased parasympathetic activity
- Trains your vagas nerve
- Decreases the effect of heat and humidity
- Arthritic and muscular pain relief
- Heart health and longevity
- Increased stress resilience, cardiovascular performance and immune system boost
- Skin rejuvenation
- Muscle gain and fat loss
- Improved sleep
- Time out from the outside world and daily distractions … all while looking at the Southern Alps and Canterbury Plains.
* Please ring or email for an Infrared Sauna and/or Plunge Tub time slot if you cannot find one on Mindbody booking system…we will do our best to create your booking to suit. Due to no office staff on weekends, there are no same day bookings on Saturday or Sunday…these need to be pre-booked during the week.
INFRARED SAUNA + PLUNGE POOL AVAILABILITY – 45 minute sessions
Single session in Sauna and Tub: $45 per person/45 minutes
Frequent Flow-er Sauna + Plunge Pass: $35 each/5 sessions = $175 (valid 6 months)
Frequent Flow-er Sauna + Plunge Pass: $25/10 sessions = $250 (valid 12 months)
Single session in Plunge Tub: $15 per person
Frequent Flow-er Plunge Pass: $12 each/5 sessions = $60 (valid 6 months)
Frequent Flow-er Plunge Pass: $8 each/10 sessions = $80 (valid 6 months)
Please make payment into:
Flow Pool and Studio Limited
ANZ Bank 06-0801-0702862-00
Our robust True Wave Full Spectrum heating system provides all wavelengths 100% of the time to optimise your sauna session.